Blue Orpington

Iam into my 3rd year raising Blue orpingtons. I have found the blues to be much bigger than the standard buff color and am truly impressed how vibrant and constant their coloring holds up. I have had one all silver blue and no splash. The solid black have an irrodecent sheen to them and gleem in the sunlight. Being a dual purpose bird, I dressed a few out at 4 1/2 lbs. I have acquired some bielefelders and maybe english crele orpingtons and will do a cross breed in spring of 2016. The progeny gains could be awesome. These are a very easy to maintain and friendly chicken to have around children.
One of my buffy hens crossed with a blue rooster and the chick turned into a stunningly beautiful rooster! A golden chest and hackles with gray slate feathering. It gained the thick black slate legs and was huge! He tasted yummy! I had one too many roosters and he had to be sacrificed. If he wasnt so testy, I may have kept him.

Loved the thread and pics. I have what is supposed to be one blue and one black. I was getting worried because they look almost idenitical! We will see I guess.

You have chickens in Redford?! I own a home in Beautiful south Redford. Joy and Inkster area. I hope you like the blue orp breed as I have owned them for 3 years now. The chicks are beautiful and will grow on you as they get older. Let me know if you want some more chicks. I have a few different breeds.

You have chickens in Redford?! I own a home in Beautiful south Redford. Joy and Inkster area. I hope you like the blue orp breed as I have owned them for 3 years now. The chicks are beautiful and will grow on you as they get older. Let me know if you want some more chicks. I have a few different breeds.

What a small world. I'm just north of you, Inkster and School craft. I would love to hear what you've got, send me a pm so we can exchange emails or something! Very cool. The chicks I have are 6+ weeks old, but they both look solid black.

They are sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! I want to get a blue orpington, and these ones are so pretty!
love.gif

[/IMG]

Hello BO fans! I'm not sure from reading this thread if this little girl will be a splash or a blue but she has a big personality and a loud peep!

Gorgeous. All of them. I will be getting my hands on a blue orp in Spring of '16. Chicken math so already got the best of me this year. I may have to stew a couple of my ladies just to make room for new-comers. I don't have any more room in the coop and I want some more diversity in my flock :(. Maybe we should start a new thread called 'chicken problems'.

Back
Top Bottom