I am still learning lingo.
I received
5 black
5 white
10 blue
1 cuckoo ( an extra thrown in)

By BBw I meant blue black white. My apologies for using wrong terms

On a side note any one have a cuckoo orp? Never heard of it before

That's what I thought you meant then I saw CKinNC post with a BBW roo pic made me question what you meant. Plus I hadn't heard of that type for orpingtons.
I am just getting back into Orp's this year. I have 3- Buff 2-Black and 5- blues they are 7 and 9 wks old right now. My base flock is Buff Brahmas but I think I am going to stop hatching them and focus on the Orps.
I have seen some buff cuckoo orps listed on Ebay hatching eggs (go to ebay search orpington hatching eggs or cuckoo hatching eggs). They are very pretty birds but don't know if they are recognized as a type yet. they look like a splash except the base color is buff and the splash is a lighter buff almost white color.

hu.gif
You had me stumped lol
Thanks for clarifying .... was that a blue on buff cross for him? I've asked about a buff/blue and a buff/ black cross on what they would throw, I never got any responses.

They actually arrived yesterday. USPS left them on my doorstep. No phone call. I'm amazed my cats and dog and the Amish neighbors dog left them alone. So far all are alive!
Pics from my phone following. Note somewhere in here are 9 Sumatras.

I think this one may be the cuckoo orp. The color is different from all the others.
This one I had to isolate. A little smaller than the others and he kinda got trampled last night. Found him laying on his side and not able to stand much when found. I had myself prepped to find him dead, But here he is 2 hours into isolation. I had to move him off food to get a shot

I'll try to remember to do weekly shots

They actually arrived yesterday. USPS left them on my doorstep. No phone call. I'm amazed my cats and dog and the Amish neighbors dog left them alone. So far all are alive!
Pics from my phone following. Note somewhere in here are 9 Sumatras.

I think this one may be the cuckoo orp. The color is different from all the others.
This one I had to isolate. A little smaller than the others and he kinda got trampled last night. Found him laying on his side and not able to stand much when found. I had myself prepped to find him dead, But here he is 2 hours into isolation. I had to move him off food to get a shot

I'll try to remember to do weekly shots

I cant believe they just left them on your door step !!!! I'm glad they are fine and can't wait to see them growing up.

Back
Top Bottom