Blue plymouth rock update

halo

Got The Blues
14 Years
Nov 22, 2007
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
Got some new pics of my blue plymouth rocks. Im so happy with how these girls have turned out. Most of these are from my blue roo and my barred girls; one or two is from my blue roo and my blue or black girls. Please excuse the metal bars in the pen; Im building another dog kennel, and it takes me a while to get these things done.

358730224.jpg

358730226.jpg

358730234.jpg

They're very pretty
smile.png

I notice one of the pullets is a lighter blue in colour ....without the darker neck hackles. Do you know what caused this? Is she of different parents?

Some of your male offspring will have been both blue & had one barring gene. How well the barring gene express itself on those birds? I put cuckoo onto blue orpingtons some while ago but found the cuckoo very variable; it seemed to show better on certain types of feather. (Come to think of it, I've got something similar in blue golden cuckoo marans).

Thanks, guys. Its been a lot of fun watching these things develop.

The lighter one is one of my original blue rocks from eggs from Jim Cox. The rest are from barred girls.

The only male that I know that was grown out from this cross is Marina's Batman, who she sold at the last swap. He was stunning.

354053747.jpg

354235781.jpg

Last edited:
That's interesting thank you.
Your pretty pullets look very smart.
The coarser looking hackle & back feathers on the male seem to have taken the barring better as it was on many of my orps (& marans).
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom