Blue rocks

I have a question, what is the leg color standard for blue rocks? I noticed in the picture that EweSheep posted that the rooster had yellow legs and the hens had a different color. Can they be different?

I had wondered about the difference between the Blue Rocks and the Blue Orps and how you would tell the difference easily. I know body type should be different in adults, but with chicks, didn't know how you could tell. Always thought that Rocks had yellow legs, so had assumed that would be the way to tell the difference.

Seeing the pictures here has confused me!

The rocks, according to the standard, have either yellow legs or dusky yellow. If they are dusky yellow, they are gray in the front, yellow on the bottom and in back of the legs. The chicks are pretty easy to tell apart, the rocks have a lot of creamy on them; the orps seem more solid colored. As they are growing, the orps are bigger than the rocks. And the blue is different, also. The rocks seem to have a clearer blue color, when they stand next to each other.

wow they are very pretty i can not wait until i get some blue colored chickens. I have some blue cochins and can not wait until they are feathered out.

Back
Top Bottom