1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Blue Roo x Buff Hen would make what color peeps?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gitlost80, Jan 2, 2011.

1. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    Reno/Sparks
    I have eggs in the Bator from my Blue Cochin Roo and my Buff Cochin hen. I had some from my black Cochin hen in there too, but NONE from her were fertile. Does anyone have pictures of what these little guys may look like. I cant find any example pictures anywhere on the internet! I figured maybe someone on here has done it before?

2. You can't find any, because there isn't any knowing what they'll produce until they are hatched. Thats a cross color breeding that will have any number of possibly outcomes.

3. gitlost80

gitlost80 Trigger Pullet

Mar 27, 2009
    Reno/Sparks
    Just gives me one more thing to wait on the edge of my seat for I guess.[​IMG] Thanks.

4. growinupinfl

growinupinfl Songster

Apr 2, 2010
    Pensacola
    I would tell you to post in the breed and genetics forum.. They have the coolest answers when it comes to what will come out..

Christal

5. pkw

pkw Songster

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    This is the result of my blue red laced wyandotte roo mating to one of my new hampshire hens: (I know its not a blue over buff)

[​IMG]

He has the rose comb of his daddy and some blue from his daddy and has more red from his momma. Colors definitely differs but I just love showing this little guy. We was holding him today and he just sat in our arms and went to sleep while we were petting him.

I am no good at genetics. Good luck on your hatch.

6. GreenGoddess

GreenGoddess Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    St Pauls, NC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by