Blue Slate Hatching Eggs - Reserve

Omniskies

Songster
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
Missouri
None of the girls are laying reliably right now, so this is a reserve auction to ensure that you get eggs to hatch bright and early during the 2011 season. Please keep that in mind.

These are out of large, heavy birds, in a flock with multiple toms and hens out of different bloodlines. There is a Self Blue/Lavender hen in this flock. Since Blue is an incomplete gene in poultry, from the current birds in this flock you can expect an average of 50% Blue Slate, 31% Self-Blue/Lavender, and 19% Black. These will be reliably available at the end of March or early April.

I need to get pictures of the toms - none of which will do them justice. I kept back the darkest blue toms possible in order to ensure a nice, bold, vivid color that really stands out in the yard. There is nothing washed out or faded about these birds, and the hens compliment them nicely.

Blue Slate hatching eggs are $5 apiece, $25 per half dozen, or $45 for a dozen. Shipping is a flat $15 for up to a dozen eggs.

If you have any other questions about them then please let me know.

Today
smile.png

I'll be filling reservations until all slots up to June are filled. Usually the girls are still laying in June, but July can be a hit-and-miss due to the weather being too hot to think about laying anything. If I still get eggs in July/August then I will simply do weekly auctions for them.

OK, I will talk to my son, the reason I am asking is we currently only have one incubator, which will be pretty busy. So I will see about getting a second incubator.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom