Blue splash maran

I ordered some online they said they were blue/black/splash marans. I only had 2 hatch but one chick didn't survive. The 1 that survived is a hen and I love her. I named her Raven.

I bought a blue splash maran chick from Meyers before. She was very big, and mellow. I don't think I bred her. I currently have a Blue copper maran, (I hatched) I didn't even think about her personality, till just now, and she does have just that big mellow personality. More laid back than an orpington.

Really. That comforting cause i passe don an orington for one of these. I was told they just like an orpington personality wise but alot calmer and not broody.

I have one almost a year old. She is big and beautiful with black flecks and she knows it. Always flashing her big dark eyes at me or the roosters... she never gets enough attention. Mine lays a decently dark egg too. About 5 on the scale. She's not fast but looks goofy running towards me. I worry about something getting her while free ranging because she's so docile. But she definitely isn't a flyer.

Back
Top Bottom