Blue stringy stuff in chopped straw?

Apr 27, 2021
Indiana
Hello, so I have noticed this blue stringy stuff in my chopped straw that I bought from TSC. I was wondering if this is normal or what’s going on? The package is white, red and green no blue and I have found multiple strings of it in this bag of chopped straw. This is my first time getting this kind of straw and was wondering if it’s normal or should I be getting ahold of the manufacture?

Attachments

• 1EEE13A7-246C-4B65-8ED6-479469E51B9B.jpeg
    1EEE13A7-246C-4B65-8ED6-479469E51B9B.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 8
I will thank you very much! When I first noticed it I saw it in my coop and just thought it must have been something that blew in and my chickens picked up I live in a very windy area. But then I noticed it again also in my coop. Finally today as I was refreshing the straw in the coop when I notice that it was in the bowl full of straw that I just pulled out of the bag and that it had to have come from there. I haven’t looked through the whole bag yet just wanted to see what others may know about it! Thank you so much!

I will thank you very much! When I first noticed it I saw it in my coop and just thought it must have been something that blew in and my chickens picked up I live in a very windy area. But then I noticed it again also in my coop. Finally today as I was refreshing the straw in the coop when I notice that it was in the bowl full of straw that I just pulled out of the bag and that it had to have come from there. I haven’t looked through the whole bag yet just wanted to see what others may know about it! Thank you so much!

If there is that much of it I would return the remains of the bag to the place you got it -- bringing the plastic bits you've already collected with you.

Back
Top Bottom