blue swedish duck lost her quack

kwatt

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 9, 2014
I have a blue swedish that seems to have lost her quack. She is about 3 months old and had developed a nice little quack but nw it has become hoarse and low. Her nares are clear and she seems otherwise healthy. No mucus or other drainage she eats drinks as socializes like usual. Her quack is just not there anymore. :( can someone please give me an idea of what might be wrong.

I gave her a warm bath thinking there maybe something in her nares thtat I cant quite see. But still no normal quacka from her.

welcome-byc.gif
'She' is not showing a drake curl yet, but there is a strong possibility that 'she' is really a drake developing his masculine voice.

I sexed her after I got her and she appeared to be a female and she started quaking a little over a month ago. Is it normal for a drake to quack and then go through a voice change?

I have been suspicious of that possibility but I keep telling myself "no she had a quack and has no drake curl" lol
As much as we wanted a female id rather her turn out to be a drake than sick!

Carmella lost her quack last year. I tried ACV in her water, took her to the vet - nothing obvious.

I put several drops of colloidal silver into her night-time water (about a gallon and a half). The next morning her voice was stronger. After a couple more nights with very dilute colloidal silver, her quack was back. Coincidence? Who can say?

Einz's voice changes to higher and squeakier last year, too, and has stayed that way.

And Vier - definitely a girl - has developed a "drake feather" since Bean the drake came to live with us. I think it is a hormonal reaction to his presence. The runners do not want him around - so we have two flocks at this point.

Back
Top Bottom