Blue Swedish & friendliness traits

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So I wanted to ask...about this.

I heard Blue Swedish are very friendly.

Curious what you've observed. And are there other gains with this breed?

It seems like it is possible that some could be more friendly than others...after all my black runners are definitely more nervous than anything I've seen so far. So it stands to reason that something else might have advantages also.

all depends on how you treat the duck, and their individual personalities. khaki campbell are apparently skittish but my two aren’t at all.

So I wanted to ask...about this.

I heard Blue Swedish are very friendly.

Curious what you've observed. And are there other gains with this breed?

It seems like it is possible that some could be more friendly than others...after all my black runners are definitely more nervous than anything I've seen so far. So it stands to reason that something else might have advantages also.
I have two Swedish blues, or as I call them, Swedish sweethearts! Both boys, they’re great! Very friendly, follow me around everywhere! As a prey animal, I think every breed is gonna have skittishness. My Swedes run away from me when it’s time to go into the pool. If I take them somewhere new, like the garden nursery I work at, they’ll follow me around to say hi to my coworker friends! When they were itty bitty they followed me more regularly. I would wear a hoodie backwards and let them ride in the hood part. I think they’re beautiful in color. I have both boys, so I don’t know their egg output. But I give a solid two thumbs up to Swedish Blues as a breed!

Attachments

• F7D7EBE5-0354-4E74-BE6E-27DC6F61B87D.jpeg
    F7D7EBE5-0354-4E74-BE6E-27DC6F61B87D.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 10
  • 24DF70B6-A8E1-41DC-A575-10F40419E83B.jpeg
    24DF70B6-A8E1-41DC-A575-10F40419E83B.jpeg
    691.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 8A88C248-7DBF-4B99-B051-37601BFECCDB.jpeg
    8A88C248-7DBF-4B99-B051-37601BFECCDB.jpeg
    346.2 KB · Views: 10
I have two Swedish blues, or as I call them, Swedish sweethearts! Both boys, they’re great! Very friendly, follow me around everywhere! As a prey animal, I think every breed is gonna have skittishness. My Swedes run away from me when it’s time to go into the pool. If I take them somewhere new, like the garden nursery I work at, they’ll follow me around to say hi to my coworker friends! When they were itty bitty they followed me more regularly. I would wear a hoodie backwards and let them ride in the hood part. I think they’re beautiful in color. I have both boys, so I don’t know their egg output. But I give a solid two thumbs up to Swedish Blues as a breed!

:O

Those are cool pics! Thanks! Wow.

They really do seem interesting.

Back
Top Bottom