1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bluebirds and chickens?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jallen062, Feb 28, 2016.

1. jallen062

jallen062 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Eastern Mass
    I am kind of a bluebird nut. I have a resident pair who have raised two broods here. They are still here with their babies that are now adults. I have about 9 here that stay all winter and I feed them mealworms. I have seen them checking out my nest boxes in preparation for spring. We are getting chickens in two weeks, and I am wondering if they will STAY after seeing 6 giant (BO's) chickens in my yard.

Anyone have bluebirds who happily co-exist with the chickens?

2. nchls school

nchls school Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2015

The bluebirds will not be affected by the presence of chickens as I and my family have both in the yard each spring and summer.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  3. BY Bob

BY Bob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2016
    Hershey, PA
    We have had chickens for a couple years now and our resident blue birds never stopped coming. In fact the blue birds were checking out their box on Sunday while the girls were free ranging right underneath it. You should have nothing to worry about.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by