Bluing?

Scovy Momma

Songster
9 Years
Jan 21, 2012
Lincoln CA
I was kind of interested to know from those who show white ducks: Is it a good idea to get this "bluing" stuff to wash out the yellow from white feathers? I hear it works on white dogs & horses...
I found something called Mrs.Stewart's.

pop.gif

In my opinion, it's safe. It says you can use it on pets on the bottle.
I've used it a few times on my white ducks and used JUST enough to turn the water blue. All has been well and I've seen no red eyes, no snotties or any other ill effects from it.

If the white ducks are Pekins, they are supposed to have a yellowish cast to the feathers.

I suggest that you practice on some non-show ducks so that you don't turn your show birds blue right before a show.

In my opinion, it's safe. It says you can use it on pets on the bottle.
I've used it a few times on my white ducks and used JUST enough to turn the water blue. All has been well and I've seen no red eyes, no snotties or any other ill effects from it.

Same here...just don't "tidy-bowl" the ducks, because too much of the stuff can stain blue! Though I must say it washes out easier than bluing shampoo on horses does...

You guys are great,thank you! I just found it on line but I'll need to check the stores for it. I just wanted to brighten up my duck's whites that are yellowing on her belly & my basset hound's white fur is kind of turning beige.

Back
Top Bottom