BO pullet with no tongue.......

DebbieLynn

Songster
10 Years
Feb 9, 2009
East Tennessee
My 8 w/o BO pullet has been very quiet and has not been eating or drinking, when I fed this AM she had attempted to peck at the feed but I never saw her eat. Picked her up and she was very skinny and after much speculation and hours attempting to find more info, Im stumped! I looked in her throat and her tounge is like flipped over backwards as though she swallowed it! Please if you have any ideas on what this could be I would be very grateful. I don't know how long this has been going on because for the past 3 days my DS was feeding for me so I could work double shifts. All the other flock members are OK.
sad.png

I tried to let her drink but she won't and I'm afraid to force any down for fear of drowning her. I know she won't make it this way so I should give it a try and see, thank you.

She's here in the house with us and DH is attempting to pull the tongue over into the right position, thank you and hopefully we can get this so she doesn't suffer any more.

We were able to get the tongue partially back up but it looks very small and she didn't appreciate the attempts to save her life! How could this have happened ? I have the flock in an enclosed coop so nothing has been in the coop. No signs of trauma that I can see.

Not any better, the tongue won't stay and it feels as though she has a bone or something just under the beak,on her neck and it's moveable, I wish I knew what to do.........

Back
Top Bottom