BO Rooster and the stick

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Rammy, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Rammy

Rammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2008
    Ok, I started doing this previously before I read the other post about someone else having similar problems with thier BO rooster. I have on several occasions<sp> had to turn my rooster into a football, or baseball when Ive had to use the stick because he charges after me when Im leaving the coop. Sometimes he just jumps up and shows me his feet even though hes no where close to me. One other time I had to pick up a hen outside when they were free ranging and had to kick him twice<lost my shoe>because he didnt like me holding his girlfreind. Im about to turn his little feathered butt into tonights dinner if he doesnt stop. When I first got him around three months of age, he was fine, but the older he gets, the more aggressive he is getting with me. Sometimes Im standing outside the coop and he charges at me. What he doenst understand is, Im premenapausal, and he is gonna tick me off at the wrong time on the wrong day with me. Before that happens........any suggestions that may spare his life? If not......anyone got some good recipes for the crockpot?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by