Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The orange birds did well. Brought two 7 mo New Hamps and the male was best American, female res American. 1100 bird show. It was not what I consider a strong class, but again these birds are only 7 months old and the judges loved them. neither one of them will be the top New Hamps here when the rest grow out, but they are good solid birds. The main thing is the judges are seeing them....and liking them! These two are offspring from birds I got indirectly from Kathy Bonham last year. The main thing is that the parents are producing better than they are.....by quite a bit in the case of the male I'm using.

These don't really show the birds well so, I will try to get pictures without bars. He kept moving every time I tried to get a picture.

Walt

Those really are firebirds Walt ! Big for 7 months too !

Thanks for the pretty pictures. Walt your Orange chickens are sure Orange. Now if the breeders only knew what color the judges like and want at the shows they could start breeding in that direction.

We have to styles or colors the Frank Reese, Frank Resse and German Cross and the Pure Germans that came over a few years ago.

Talked to Jim Volk This AM Walt. Looks forward seeing you again. He has some nice White Rock Large Fowl growing up this year.

He wants to try again some Columbian Plymouth Rock Large Fowl. I told him I maybe able to find two dozen eggs in February at the Newnan Georgia Show hatch the eggs and then ship him the two week old chicks and he would be in the business. with that color pattern.

The Rhode Island Reds for this year sure look good. Best year ever for this color pattern thanks to the hard work of many on this web site.

The orange birds did well. Brought two 7 mo New Hamps and the male was best American, female res American. 1100 bird show. It was not what I consider a strong class, but again these birds are only 7 months old and the judges loved them. neither one of them will be the top New Hamps here when the rest grow out, but they are good solid birds. The main thing is the judges are seeing them....and liking them! These two are offspring from birds I got indirectly from Kathy Bonham last year. The main thing is that the parents are producing better than they are.....by quite a bit in the case of the male I'm using. These don't really show the birds well so, I will try to get pictures without bars. He kept moving every time I tried to get a picture. Walt
Congratulations Walt! They are simply breathtaking!!

Anthony nice talking to you tonight. These are the two pictures of Jamie Duckworth's males I have and I like in my computer files.

The single male is alive and I am sure part of his gene pool. The males below are long gone and where sold to a fellow in the North but you
can see they had good tails like the male above .This is the ideal tail you hope for in Barred Rocks but seldom hatch and grow. Why I have no idea. bob

Last edited:
They are not going anywhere outside cali and NV. I believe there will better males. Lual hatched eggs from these and I think she is going to have at least one outstanding female.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom