Bob Blosl's Heritage Large Fowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I told her to PM you, she has them.
wink.png

Quote:
Robert, I have studied your RIR writings as well as the "old-time Red Breeders" for several years and these "secrets" in the comments you wrote above (I left the key points and deleted the others) are exactly how one of my Buckeye cockerels won "Reserve Champion" last November at the Ohio National. I've been breeding Buckeyes since 2002 and I'm still learning but one thing is certain....a great deal of us Buckeye breeders and "wannabe internet experts" can learn a lot from those old-timer Rhode Island Red breeders, especially your published "secrets"!!!

I'm personally a big fan of your work and thanks for creating this "Heritage Large Fowl" thread!

Quote:
I didn't see them on her website last time I looked.

Actually guys, I no longer have them. It was too hard to find decent lines to even begin with and I didn't have the time/patience/energy to devote to working on them when they were just eating and taking up space that could be occupied by something that wasn't going to take 10 years to get closer to perfection.
hmm.png

I did invest in some nice (show bird line) RC RIR eggs though....but they won't be coming until late next month and I won't be offering any of those for sale until spring of 2012.

Thanks!

~Heather

Quote:
Was it the 2010 Ohio nationals? I thought Jason Page got BB and MR.Brown got RB, am I wrong? Keep in mind, buckeyes are not much like RIR at all.

Quote:
I didn't see them on her website last time I looked.

Actually guys, I no longer have them. It was too hard to find decent lines to even begin with and I didn't have the time/patience/energy to devote to working on them when they were just eating and taking up space that could be occupied by something that wasn't going to take 10 years to get closer to perfection.
hmm.png

I did invest in some nice (show bird line) RC RIR eggs though....but they won't be coming until late next month and I won't be offering any of those for sale until spring of 2012.

Thanks!

~Heather

I know exactly what you mean! We've had ours 2 years & they look good, IMO. Trying to find good lines in any color is hard -- especially colors other than red or silver grey. I've been trying to reach Craig Russell from the SPPA to see if he still has cuckoo. I'm ordering White eggs from Ed Hart. Meeting up with Dick Horstman at a show in May for more reds to breed with ours.
big_smile.png
Things may come together yet!

I should put together a list of the contacts I've made that are still selling good quality Dorkings. So many people become frustrated from the never ending search & that's part of why they're so rare. It's very sad & needs to be fixed.

Quote:
Hey lady!
frow.gif

Did your friend decide if she wants chicks or eggs? Playing phone tag with Sandhill. They're sold out of most colors till June, but that was all the info I got in the message. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom