bob white lockdown

they looked good when i candled at 6 days lots of veins so hopefully there just being stubborn haha

If your temp was a hair low, it can delay the hatch by a day or so. I would wait it out until at least day 28.

Is there any wiggling going on yet?

Can't really see much wiggling but one has a tiny hole and I can see feathers through it hope it's okay

Ok! The one with the tiny hole....that one has pipped. Dont do anything!! Leave him be, he is busy detatching his blood vessels from the inside od the shell and absorbing the last of the yolk. He can stay like this, breathing through this very tiny hole, for 24 or more hours, he is fine. When he is ready, he will zip out of his egg.

Do keep us posted!!

That's great thanks will leave him alone I don't have a hygrometer on this incubator as waiting for it to arrive so topped it up a little, cannot see any movement from him

Do you have a window in your incubator? If so if the window is good and foggy, you are pretty close with the correct humidity. Do not open the bator at all at this point.

He wont move around much now that he is breathing air. He will reserve his energy to zip out.

Back
Top Bottom