Bobcat back from Taxidermist

Tenneesse

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 24, 2010
Woodbury, Middle Tn
Last October almost 2 months to the day this guy killed the last chicken he will ever kill. I was losing almost 1 bird every 10 days to 2 weeks and that amounted to 6 of my Coochins hens and the Rooster. I had the birds almost 5 years and this fellow really got my hackles up.

He came about 4 o'clock in the afternoon and I was relaxing reading my book my front door open the Silver Wyanndotte scratching in the yard as always and 10 yards out I couldn't believe my eyes I grabbed the 12ga and dusted him. He weighed almost 32 lbs a big male. It all happened so fast but it had to stop.

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I am so jealous! I would love a bobcat rug! Great job on getting him dispatched, and what a smart idea to have him preserved.
woot.gif

Shot it through the screen door? Priceless.

Game cats are truly secretive. It's lucky if you see one alive in a lifetime. I remember what came to mind when I saw a Bobcat. This thing was made for killing rabbits. Long back legs making it a pouncing machine, A large rabbit with claws and teeth. Evolutions answer for that niche of herbivores.

Bobcats are gorgeous we will campaign hard at every level to make them protected species
Yes Bobcats are gorgeous. So are the creatures that they, as part of the natural order of things, eat alive. Imagine being a chicken or goose or duck or small farm animal or baby goat or any number of other creatures. Just going about your day scratching for snacks, chewing on some nice green grass, when all of a sudden a Bobcat has hold of you. It's teeth ripping your flesh from your bones, pulling your guts out of your stomach while you are still alive. Yes, Bobcats are gorgeous as are all of Gods creatures and in the natural order of things one of the things that happened was the domestication of animals beyond their abilities to protect themselves and their young. So, God created farmers to protect those domestic creatures from the dynamic and beautiful Bobcats and Coyotes and Raccoons and flying predators and crawling and creeping predators. In exchange for that protection and care those animals provide food and hides for clothing.

So, while some are busy trying to get protected species status for some of Gods creatures we farmers will be busy doing what we have to do to honor our commitment for a safe and secure home and life for those creatures that are less able to protect themselves and for whom there will never be anyone trying to get them protected species status.

By the way, the beautiful Bobcat makes a really beautiful rug and it is now protected for all of posterity.

Yes Bobcats are gorgeous. So are the creatures that they, as part of the natural order of things, eat alive. Imagine being a chicken or goose or duck or small farm animal or baby goat or any number of other creatures. Just going about your day scratching for snacks, chewing on some nice green grass, when all of a sudden a Bobcat has hold of you. It's teeth ripping your flesh from your bones, pulling your guts out of your stomach while you are still alive. Yes, Bobcats are gorgeous as are all of Gods creatures and in the natural order of things one of the things that happened was the domestication of animals beyond their abilities to protect themselves and their young. So, God created farmers to protect those domestic creatures from the dynamic and beautiful Bobcats and Coyotes and Raccoons and flying predators and crawling and creeping predators. In exchange for that protection and care those animals provide food and hides for clothing.

So, while some are busy trying to get protected species status for some of Gods creatures we farmers will be busy doing what we have to do to honor our commitment for a safe and secure home and life for those creatures that are less able to protect themselves and for whom there will never be anyone trying to get them protected species status.

By the way, the beautiful Bobcat makes a really beautiful rug and it is now protected for all of posterity.
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom