Bobcat wipes out my entire flock in 2 hours

Pics
LoL if you go to the end you can see this cat was literally 10 feet away from my bedroom window chilling out on a tree after having eaten one of my birds. I live in a residential area where the wilderness meets the city. If I discharged a shotgun I'd have my bay area neighbors calling the SWAT team on me. And the Game warden will not issue a trap permit. I'm going to have to be discreet and call my uncle Vinny to make some nice concrete shoes for this cat.
Crossbows are as lethal as a firearm!

LoL if you go to the end you can see this cat was literally 10 feet away from my bedroom window chilling out on a tree after having eaten one of my birds. I live in a residential area where the wilderness meets the city. If I discharged a shotgun I'd have my bay area neighbors calling the SWAT team on me. And the Game warden will not issue a trap permit. I'm going to have to be discreet and call my uncle Vinny to make some nice concrete shoes for this cat.

Seems to me it would make more sense to ask the "petsitter" to compensate you for your losses. It's not the bobcat's fault. The opportunity was there and the cat took it. You can't blame them for taking advantage of an easy food source. Anyone with half a brain should know to make sure chickens are secured for the night. Especially if they're being paid for it.

I'm just kidding. I am not mad at the cat. It's actually quite a majestic creature. The petsitter was not paid to do this and was doing me a favor so I guess I got what I paid for. When I start a new flock this spring I'll have to decide what my options are. Securing the entire run/coop fort knox style may be the solution.

I think I may have a bobcat and kittens that murdered 26 birds last night. They were about 5 months old and just about to start laying. A little blood in the coop, but not much feathers. I thought maybe a 2 legged coon liberated them from me, till I found a few piles of feathers 20-30 feet away. I still haven't found a single body. What ever got them ate them all, or carried them off somewhere. WTF!

:barnie

I think I may have a bobcat and kittens that murdered 26 birds last night. They were about 5 months old and just about to start laying. A little blood in the coop, but not much feathers. I thought maybe a 2 legged coon liberated them from me, till I found a few piles of feathers 20-30 feet away. I still haven't found a single body. What ever got them ate them all, or carried them off somewhere. WTF!

:barnie

I've had about another 25 come up missing over the 2-3 weeks, but slowly. The mother could have been snatching a bird or 2/day and now the kittens are hunting with her. I put out a trap with leg in it tonight. Hopefully I can catch all of what ever is killing my livestock, and put an end to the death and destruction. I've looked over whole pen and can't find where they have entered. It's 12x30-8 feet tall and covered with a roof. Guess I gotta get a game cam too.

I've been sleeping with the window cracked for weeks till it got too cold to do so. I took a pic of the thermometer in the living room yesterday morning when it was about 36° indoors. What ever has been getting them is silencing them as they kill them or I would have heard something. I am hoping I can sleep at all tonight with that trap out there tonight. It's time for something to die other than my poor little birds! :mad:

20180102_063957.jpg

I've been sleeping with the window cracked for weeks till it got too cold to do so. I took a pic of the thermometer in the living room yesterday morning when it was about 36° indoors. What ever has been getting them is silencing them as they kill them or I would have heard something. I am hoping I can sleep at all tonight with that trap out there tonight. It's time for something to die other than my poor little birds! :mad:

View attachment 1226112
Good thing this EggWalrus had lots of hair and blubber to keep warm with!
:yesss:

Back
Top Bottom