Bobtail coloration, or just odd coloring?

Is there anyway I can test breed her, if that helps figure out if it's just leakage, or something else?

She's so tiny, if I were to breed to any large fowl, it would have to be done through AI.

I know she's silver Duckwing, was just curious about the white on her breast feathers.
Chickens have some variation in the distribution of pigment among individuals. Some of the silver of the neck is present on her breast.
I don’t know the genetics of bobtail, where did you find that it’s incomplete albinism?
Though I agree with the others that she’s a leaky duckwing.
It is incomplete albinism.

It is on the S locus. It is related to sexlinked silver and albinism.
It is a sexlinked gene, which explains why the males are lighter.
Bobtail Cochins are also birchen based which explains the pattern.
This is all what nicalandia told me.
I think I understand. Is it anything like mottled/white crested black in polish?

I think I understand. Is it anything like mottled/white crested black in polish?
No.
It’s just the same locus as albinism and silver.
It’s like mottled in the fact that there are many mutations, but they shouldn’t be confused.

Look at me saying all this like I didn’t just learn all this last week.

It is on the S locus. It is related to sexlinked silver and albinism.
It is a sexlinked gene, which explains why the males are lighter.
Bobtail Cochins are also birchen based which explains the pattern.
This is all what nicalandia told me.
I have a Marans mix that's incomplete albino, & his daughter is Birchen with some leakage in the breast feathers, & has pink around her pupils.

The father also carries dominant white which enhanced the extension of white, & allow more color leakage. He has light eyes, with pink in his irises. He apparently is also carrying Wheaten with the cross breeding I have done.
20210221_141308.jpg
20210221_141355.jpg
Marans Eyes
Screenshot_20210125-140742_Chrome.jpg
His daughter's eyes
20210225_185759.jpg
Should I breed him back to his daughter to see what would happen. I may not be able to do so this year though.

Back
Top Bottom