Bobwhite/Coturnix Hybrid Quail

ordered bobwhite eggs from them almost two months ago and they still haven't told me even when they'll be shipping them. Not happy with their service at all
Strombergs do not have a clue what they are selling. The company is based on suppliers. There is NO Bob-bird. I can go into details if you like.

I have seen a Coturnix Quail and it had a black hooked beak and head just like a Bob, was a reddy brown colour. It crows just like a normal Coturnix Quail. I have only ever seen one of these in the UK about 7 years ago at a bird show. Not sure if he was artificially produced but looked awesome. I wish I had the got the guys number at the time now. I am sure he called them Bobernix or some thing.

I had no idea they could crossbreed , being two totally different species. I suspect they would be sterile though like a Mule?

I have bobwhites in with my coturnix and occasionally get chicks with slightly curved beaks and more bob like heads but never actually seen them breed so could just be coincidence... Who knows

Back
Top Bottom