Bobwhite Fertility

aprophet

Songster
10 Years
Jan 12, 2010
chesapeake Va.
I have been noticing on my Bobwhites I keep a coupla pairs and a coupla trios the pairs are fertile have been for a while now (about a month) My trios are not fertile ( yet) is it something about bobs that do not well with trios?

Last edited:
Are They Young Birds? Might Take A While To Figure Things Out And Get Sucessful...

Personally I Have Some Trios And Havent Had Any Fertility Problems???

Yeah So This Is 1st Breeding Season.... Maybe A Quail Playboy Left Out By The Pen???? You Know A Lil Something With Pictures That Might Help Him Get The Idea Of How Its Supposed To Work?

On A Serious Note Tho, Are You Marking Eggs So That You Can Trend Fertility Problems And Track It To Specific Pens? Thats Always Helpful In Case You Have A Ladd Who's Not Up To Task. Helps To Pinpoint Where The Problem Is...

You might have the first gay quails hahaha.
No it might just be that they need a liutlle time to figure things out, mine started mounting the girls after they were laying.

Quote:
yea kinda I am not out there enough to see which one lays which egg but I know what pen they are from I was wondering if it was one of the fellas? in the bob pens it looks like every night is Saturday night LOL

Back
Top Bottom