Bobwhite quail eggs Dry-Incubated UPDATE THREE hatched **PICS*FINALLY!

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
I am hatching quail eggs for my preacher. I started out with 120 eggs, Ate 2, and the day before yesterday was day 19, today is day 21. On day 19 I candled all of the eggs, and ended up throwing away over 50 eggs. I really hate that. The temp ranges from 97 to 100 all day, and the first 5 days of incubation the temp went up to 104. It was that high for a few hours I think. I have moved the eggs to a hatcher and the humidity is 75%. On the night of day 19 I removed the eggs from my fridge-incubator, and moved them to the cooler incubator. In the cooler incubator I can get the High humidity that I want. On day 19 3 eggs had pipped and then yesterday a couple more have pipped, I have never hatched quail before, but is it normal for quail to take long to hatch? None of the eggs have hatched so far. I am really worried about all of my eggs. I have 50--something eggs in my cooler bator, and the humidity is 75 percent, it has stayed that way since day 19. Please help me you guys.
barnie.gif
I dry incubated these eggs at 30% On day 19 I put them in a different incubator, one that keeps high humidity, and I kept it at 75% and now that they are hatching the humidity is 80%.

Last edited:
Well, I have found some good news. I used the search bar to find anything, and someone said that they have had bobwhite quail eggs pip and stay like that for three days, and on the last day they pop out within an hour. This is good to know.

I heard the oddest sound of chirping in my room. I thought it was the chicks that were in my room, that hatched recently in my homemade incubator. Well the quail eggs weren't supposed to hatch till Monday. But I kept hearing that odd chirp. I heard it and listened carefully, while watching my chicks in there cage, and I saw no beak movement from the chicks but the chirping kept going on. Well I went over to the incubator and out was one of the quail. I had been watching them all day, and out of no where there was a chick, just minutes after I last checked on them.

Back
Top Bottom