Bobwhite Quail found in the garage

Discussion in 'Quail' started by bahama97, Sep 30, 2013.

1. bahama97

bahama97 New Egg

Sep 30, 2013
    Hello, I started raising chickens this fall & currently we have 8 of them. Something odd happened to me this afternoon when I came home from running errands. There were 2 bobwhite quail (look to be juvenile hens) in my garage. I have no idea how they got there. They must have entered through the side door at some point. I've got them in a cage with some water and starter / grower feed as well as some pine shavings. Is there anything else I need for them at this point? I feel like they must have been someone's as they let us pick them up (although they don't like to be held). Do they become more "tame" like chickens do?

If I don't find their owner, I'm on the fence on whether or not to keep them or take them to auction.

TIA for any advice you can give.

Glenda

2. beakmaster

beakmaster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2013
    Panama City, Florida
    I don't know much about bobwhites but I have a friend who keeps them in a walk in pen with his chickens. He said they think they are chickens and even graze in the yard with his chickens. Strange indeed. Maybe someone couldn't keep em and figured you would be able to deal with them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by