Bobwhite quails already at home in Europe

PortugalBreeder

Songster
9 Years
Oct 9, 2010
Already get my Bobwhite quails!
celebrate.gif
Here in europe they are exotic (and rare) birds, costed me 30 bucks (european bucks) for 3 quails but I paid that of good will!
I'm really happy with them, they look healthy and tomorrow they will be the stars of the show, as I intend to spend all my camera memory photographing them.
ya.gif

I will share pictures later.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Here they are,
69483_dsc04838.jpg

69483_dsc04839.jpg

I think they are losing feathers, anyone guess what can be happening? They are still young so I'm not very worried, but look at the head of the female in the pictures above.

Also I will be keeping them in a quarantine cage for a week or two only after that I will put them in the big pen.
69483_dsc04840.jpg

How much protein has the feed you give to your Bobwhites?

Already know why they are losing feathers in the head, there is a wild cat visiting and every time he comes by they jump all over the cage smashing their heads in the top. Problem already fixed, the cage is higher, and the floor is covered so they cannot see if something passes by. Soon they will join others in the large pen and eventually the low ceiling problem will by also solved because the pen is 20'' high.
woot.gif

Congrats on your quail.

My experience is the shorter the cage the better. The higher the cage they can really get up to speed if they are frightened.

Quote:
Well that's makes my worried.
Do you think that if the cage has places where they can hive the will still jump around?
You can see the pen where they will go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=407931 it has a nest area complitely closed with wood in all side, the other part of the pen is wire bottom.
This pen has coturnix right now, but they will be placed in other pen before I put the Bobwhites there.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom