1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Bock bock*.. New Chick on the Block!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bunzsudz, May 14, 2011.

1. bunzsudz

bunzsudz New Egg

May 13, 2011
    Hello all! I ran across this forum today and I was so tickled. I've had chickens for years and never had a forum to share that with.
    This is great! I'll have to tell my daughter. She's wanting chickens and she'll enjoy you guys.

There's a lot of wisdom in these posts. I've so enjoyed reading them and looking at the pictures, especially of chicken coops.... very creative people!

I don't know what I can offer this group, but I'm looking forward to being here. I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I'm a grandmother, live alone with my two
    little buddies (Jack Russells) and I spend most of my off time outside working in my yard. I don't have chickens right now, but hope to soon. I
    raised my children on a little homestead in the country in Havana, FL and we raised chickens and rabbits for show, and we also raised pygmy goats,
    turkeys, ducks and did wildlife rehabilitation for one of the local wildlife rehabbers in Tallahassee. It was a good life and I miss it, but one moves on and
    continues to live and love life. So me and the buddies are contemplating poultry, LOL. I figured this is a great place to start... BEFORE I get the birds!

God bless all!

Alacia (aka bunzsudz)

2. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from a neighbor in FL

I hope you (and your daughter) visit us often. [​IMG] Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have or share your knowledge with the rest of us. Make sure you post pictures once you get your new birds. [​IMG] We love seeing new babies.

4. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You have come to the coolest place on the internet for chicken knowledge.

I started with chickens last summer and the people of BYC have been great. This year I have tried hatching and buying chicks for even more chickeny joy. Please visit my BYC Page for my blog links that you may find informative or amusing.

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC. I live just up the road from you, about 20 minutes.

6. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

7. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Have fun picking out some birds. Everybody should have a few.

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Welcome to BYC! I see you've done some studying in chicken linguistics, already. Let me explain the dialect situation: high school and college level Chicken is far too formal, not like Conversational Chicken. It's "Bok-bok," not the more rigid and Classic expression, "Bock bock."
    [​IMG]

An experienced Chicken linguist can sing The Egg Song out to at least six stanzas. Luckily, this celebratory expression of achievement is not dependent upon musical key, notes, or pitch!

You will love BYC, despite the smart alecks like me. [​IMG]

9. jcf3202

jcf3202 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from Pennsylvania.

10. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by