Boil/Cyst?

Wow thats great that you were able to do all of that and Bridgett was such a good girl. If you have her in a warm clean place maybe it's best you not cover it. Is she still messing with it since surgery? I know for dogs and cats you can get this stuff called bitter apple that you can spray on wounds and it is suppose to keep them from chewing, not sure if you can use it on a chicken or if they could even taste it like other animals. She should heal up nicely.

Last edited:
good to hear all this!

i can't think of any good way to really bandage the crop from being picked on by the bird. i do remember seeing a recent thread about a crop bra (and i am not joking on that name
lol.png
) and it is usually used to support an over sized crop but i think it would also work for covering up a wound too!

my project marans/fav cross was named Collette till it started crowing and chasing my girls
roll.png

Ok, you can take this with a grain of salt or not. I usually McGyver my way through life and just had a idea. What do you think of using a face mask to help cover the area until its healed? Use the bits that go behind the ears/around the head to go around and under the wings and the mouth cup to cover the chest area? that way you can replace it easily as it gets dirty....

Just an idea
smile.png
(never tried it b4 so lemme know how it goes if u do it!)

neat! i like that idea! plus you can get them at most hardware stores pretty cheaply! though i think if you have an old t-shirt you could cut the sleeve off and cut the holes for the wings but that might just be a quick and temp solution.

Back
Top Bottom