Boil on crop or breast of baby chick...

I am praying right now for your sweet poor little chick, keep me updated!! I hope I helped somehow, just try to get all the bacteria or whatever is in there out, though it might feel gross.
I took a syringe and popped it and squeezed out as much infection as i could. Then squirted saline on it.

Is the lesion on the upper chest or closer to the legs? Is there any chance it could have had it all 5 days, or is it for certain a new development? If possible, could you get a picture of the chick kind of stretched out so we can see the exact location?
It's on the upper chest. Yes.. she could have had it all this time because by the time i got her she was already 4 days old. When my 12 year old first picked her up she noticed her ' crop' was swollen but i felt it and it felt like it was just full. I didn't see the blister until i massaged it with olive oil.
Did it look like infection? Clear? Pus?
It did look like puss. Slightly yellow...

Attachments

• 20220409_224524.jpg
    20220409_224524.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 4
It's on the upper chest. Yes.. she could have had it all this time because by the time i got her she was already 4 days old. When my 12 year old first picked her up she noticed her ' crop' was swollen but i felt it and it felt like it was just full. I didn't see the blister until i massaged it with olive oil.

If it's the upper chest, it probably is an infection from a scratch or something. Keep cleaning it out and put Neosporin (not the pain reliever kind) on it. The reason I asked is if it was lower it would more than likely be that the navel didn't fully close and it became infected.

Give her some water to cool off in, make it lukewarm in a shallow dish. I researched it and it can just help to calm chickens.

Update: poor little chickie didn't make it. Thank you everyone for your suggestions :(

Hi! I have a 5 day old chick that seems a bit lethargic today and wasn't eating. I felt her crop and it seemed hard so i massaged it with a little olive oil and noticed there is a blister or a boil on her chest. Any thoughts on how I can help or what caused it?

I got the chick from a friend who ordered them from a hatchery...
Oh no, I am SO sorry for your loss. I’m no doctor so probably didn’t have the best suggestions. (They were from my daughter and me) she loves chickens so much and we had something similar happen to us as well. So sorry and I wish you the best of luck with your other chicks, and if you don’t have more hopefully you can pick another cutie up!

Update: poor little chickie didn't make it. Thank you everyone for your suggestions :(

Hi! I have a 5 day old chick that seems a bit lethargic today and wasn't eating. I felt her crop and it seemed hard so i massaged it with a little olive oil and noticed there is a blister or a boil on her chest. Any thoughts on how I can help or what caused it?

I got the chick from a friend who ordered them from a hatchery...
Im so sorry for your loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom