Boiled eggs HELP

AUtiger79

Hatching
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
Does anyone have any secrets to how to prepare fresh yard eggs for boiling? They are SO hard to peel. Any suggestions?

Very good question! I just boiled some and one was easy as pie to peel and the other two had the white come off with the shell.

I always put my boiled eggs straight into ice water to cool.. so that doesn't help with these.

hu.gif

My favorite way is to boil the eggs with 1/3 to 1/2 CUP of salt (no, it will not make the eggs taste salty) then plunge them into an ice water bath and peel when they're cold. They peel like a dream every time.

The other foolproof way is to set the fresh eggs aside for about 3 weeks before boiling them - older eggs peel easier, but I don't usually plan that far ahead, so I always use the salt method.

This topic seems to be a staple on our site.
lol.png
Yes, you can boil fresh eggs and they will peel very easily...use the search button above and you will be amazed at the results folks have been having. then you will be able to peel eggs that you just brought in from the coop
wink.png

Bring water to a boil
Add eggs to boiling water
Boil for 14 minutes
Remove eggs and place in an ice water bath

Peel warm or cold. I've done this with same day eggs and it works great. I got the info. off of this forum months ago and don't remember who came up with it, but he/she is a genius.

Back
Top Bottom