Boiled Fresh Eggs

I finally found a way last weekend and I learned it from here. Boil the water FIRST, drop in the eggs, boil for 15 min. remove and shock with cold ice water. It Works!! I have tried the salt "method" and cold water but to no avail.

DO THIS........it works like a charm and you don't have to run a risk of using old eggs to get them to peel! IT"S EASY!

I boil with 1/3 to 1/2 cup of salt - it doesn't make the eggs salty and they peel easily. I always shock with ice water after boiling, but I do it to keep from overcooking the eggs and getting that greenish ring around the yolks.

I boiled several FRESH out of the nest boxes eggs. So far my findings are:

I boiled some eggs in just water and nothing else. I tried boiling eggs in salted water and with vinegar in the water. I pricked a hole in the big end of the eggs and put some eggs in boiling water.

All but the egg boiled in the water with vinegar in it, peeled well as long as I ran some cold water over them to initially cool them off then put them in some ice water with plenty of ice and let them set for several minutes.

Quote:
Cool experiment cmom! I mean hey, you get to eat the results!

I sure did. Egg salad sandwiches, potato salad, and garden salad with some chopped boiled eggs. Yum Yum.......

After reading all these ways to hard boil and easily peel eggs, i thought i'd share my way, which works about 97% of the time.

Put eggs in cold water, add 2 T of vegetable oil. Bring to boil. Turn off stove, cover, and let sit 15 minutes. Take big wooden spoon or spatula and crack eggs in the water, or roll them between your hands and put back in the water for about 5 minutes.

I then peel right over the hot pot of water, dunking eggs back in the hot water as needed. Trick is getting under that skin between shell and egg. If it doesn't want to peel away, i take a knife and make a small slice in the egg to help get under that skin.

We love our home grown hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, and deviled egg sandwiches!!! YUMMY!

And I love my 4 barred rock girls: Millie, Tillie, Gertie, & Flo.

Did you try the method I listed . Place fresh eggs in boiling water and boil for 10-12 min and drop in cold water. They peel like magic and you don't have to have all those additives to the water!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom