Boiling fresh eggs~and need help

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Tripp, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Tripp

Tripp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    I like to pickle my fresh eggs and after I boil them I make a mess of them trying to get the shell off some one please help me
    to figure out what i can do to make it easier on me lol... If i got to I will post pics of the eggs to make you guys feel sorry for me
    LOL! Anyways thanks and I will be checking often!!!

Tripp

2. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

You can do all the right stuff. salt the water, chill with ice afterward, etc, but it doesn't help much.[​IMG]

Folks are used to month old eggs from a store. Truly. Just put some eggs in the back of your frig for a month or 6 weeks. Use only those for your boiled egg cooking, It's the only known way we've discovered.

3. coberdor

coberdor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Norton, Ohio
    After boiling them. Soak in cold water, crack them like you are going to peel them, then let them set in the water for about 10 minutes. This lets the water get under the membrane inside the egg. You have to make sure you crack the egg well. Then they will slip right off!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Boil water first then lower eggs into boiling water with a slotted spoon. Cook for approx 15 min then put them immediately into and ice water bath until cooled. Works great every time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. Tripp

Tripp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    Thanks guys this will make my egg pickling alot easier lol I hope !!!! I will let you know how it goes!

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I was having the same problem until I started to remember to put a bunch of salt in the water so it's in there the whole time the eggs are boiling. It really does help a lot. [​IMG]

7. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:How much salt, if I might ask?
    [​IMG]

8. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Um I probably use a tablespoon, not sure... I just dump until it looks right lol.

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Quote:TY [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by