Boise Friends I need help! NVM got it!

MeowCluckBark

Chicken Lickin' Good
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
Boise, ID
Ok, this is a plea for help for my coop lol. No guilt trip or anything, either you can and want to help or you don't and that's ok with me. I just figured I might as well use all the resources at my fingertips to solve this problem.

I was offered a coop, rabbit hutch, and breeding pen for free from a reply on an ad on craigslist for free or cheap supplies. He has a granddaughter that is autistic like my daughter. She's joining 4H and we figured she'd need the bunny house too, as she wants one of those as well. The gentleman mentioned possibly helping me bring it to my house, but with his moving, working, and having to get his horses moved and set up; he just didn't have time.

I don't have a truck. I have a 1991 Toyota 4Runner that gets crappy gas mileage but runs pretty great and keeps me safe in the winter. I would like to rent a truck at uhaul or pay for someone's gas and time with their truck or trailer, to help me bring these items home. The gentleman lives out in Kuna off Kuna-Mora Rd and Cloverdale. I live off Fairview near Curtis in Boise.

I need 1-3 bodies to help lift and load/unload the coop. It's a bit heavy but not impossible at all. I could lift up one end on my own, but it was a bit heavy and I'm fairly strong. The coop is old, but it's structure is sound. I want to get it home, sand it, and paint it so my chicks can come home from my friends house. Long story why they are there, posted in the Diseases forum.

Anyway, if you have some time this week to help move my coop I'd gladly pay you for your time and truck or I'll rent a truck and treat you to lunch so we can talk chickens and anything else that strikes our fancy.

So, in closing, if you have some time and are willing to lift up a chicken coop and help me put it in a truck bed this week, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my contact info! Thanks!!!!

Love my chicken peeps!

Last edited:
I just got settled in to check email and post the updates for the day. Coop was over 200lbs and ended up taking 2 teenage boys and 2 large trucker men to move it into an open 5x8 trailer from Tates Rents. By the way, if you need to move something quick in an open trailer they have good prices. It was only $21 including tax for the 4 hours we had it and we didn't have to clean it or anything, they took care of that.

We did end up having to use a tow strap to get it out of the trailer by pulling it with my friend's Yukon. We only had the 2 teenage boys. I have to go back tomorrow to pick up the brooder pen because it just wouldn't fit in with everything else and we didn't have another rope.

just saw your thread. Glad everything turned out well. Pic's will be nice
smile.png

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom