BonDEEroo

BonDEEroo

Songster
Jun 18, 2017
Australia
If you're wondering about the name, our rooster used to say it to us and I wish I knew what it meant. Try saying it to young chickens and see the response! The emphasis falls on the "DEE", which should be about an octave in pitch above the "Bon", and the "roo" about a tone below the "Bon". Draw out the "roo" into a growl.

I found a baby blue Jay with a hurt foot, ravens knocked it out of the nest. We brought it into the house and fed it canned dog food. it would always say "Ack" so that is what we named it. It was either saying Ack? because it was saying "ilove you" or it was his name.

Baby Chickens when you want them to eat, you say to their food as you peck with a finger..."look,look,look" that is what a mom hen says.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! That's a very interesting intro there, wish I could speak chicken and understand what it all means!

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

If you're wondering about the name, our rooster used to say it to us and I wish I knew what it meant. Try saying it to young chickens and see the response! The emphasis falls on the "DEE", which should be about an octave in pitch above the "Bon", and the "roo" about a tone below the "Bon". Draw out the "roo" into a growl.

Hello! I'm will certainly try saying that too my chick when it wakes up from its nap :welcome

I don't think it's very nice - our flock of 5-week old birds all ran and then looked startled at my son when he said it, in disbelief

Back
Top Bottom