Bone exposed?!

Could you explain what bad perching is? They have this bench they used to love roosting OK but now I have made an area with a much better pole for them which I am hoping will help. I know my rooster just pushed her too hard bless the little thing and he is huge compared. They are separated now. She seems to be healing but the weather here has been so wet and cold I worry. I just need her to keep dry which has been tricky. She seems very tough. I gave her a bath and blow dry haha. I dried her wounds and she was so sweet. I was very gen and I out on her powder. I bet she thinks my bathroom his her new holiday place now x

Could you explain what bad perching is? They have this bench they used to love roosting OK but now I have made an area with a much better pole for them which I am hoping will help. I know my rooster just pushed her too hard bless the little thing and he is huge compared. They are separated now. She seems to be healing but the weather here has been so wet and cold I worry. I just need her to keep dry which has been tricky. She seems very tough. I gave her a bath and blow dry haha. I dried her wounds and she was so sweet. I was very gen and I out on her powder. I bet she thinks my bathroom his her new holiday place now x
Sorry for the typos! Tired chicken carer right now.

I’m so sorry, I didn’t even see this! Basically, from what I understand, bad perching is just when they out too much weight on the front to cause this blister, or they aren’t distributing their weight properly. In my case, the two decided they didn’t want to use a bar to perch on and rather wanted to use the ledge of the nesting boxes. Which is fine, but then their chest area was constantly leaning on the other box and I guess caused some irritation. I didn’t realize there was such a fine science to how they perched!!!

Back
Top Bottom