I could be reaching here, but what are the chances this is some form of cancer?
I highly doubt it. Bumble is a very common problem with Pekin ducks especially the jumbo variety due to the fact they were bred to grow fast and get very large for meat purposes.
Once bumble sets in it becomes very hard to resolve due to the constant weight/pressure on the wound.

Hello, I have an update.
It was a day or so ago, so I dug it back out of the trash and washed it off and cut it (pretty gross) but I think now it was just a horribly gross hardened pus core since it shrunk and changed colors as well as a normal pair of scissors (like not meat/kitchen scissors) was able to cut through. I’m attaching an image of the cut through Thing, as well as a picture of her leg wound. It’s been healing well, all things considered, and after the picture I cleaned it off more and discovered what looks like MORE pus deeper inside but out of reach, the less hardened kind but not liquid, the kind of foam one. I feel bad for her since she’s constantly being fixed up, but I’m glad at least she’s still able to keep up with the others.
I think its an underlying osteomyelitis at this point. Do you have her on any antibiotics?

I think its an underlying osteomyelitis at this point. Do you have her on any antibiotics?
I have her on clindamycin 2x a day from the vet that she has been on for a few weeks now, she has about half or less of the bottle left. She was on another antiobiotic and anti-inflammatory before when it was far less progressed, but it didn’t seem to do enough. She went from being unable to walk and using her wings to move to being able to keep up with the other ducks well with a limp as well as not seeming to be in end of life pain (still eating, socializing, moving around) so we decided against putting her down when the vet offered it as a possible option, which wasn’t the only way. She seems to be moving the same without whatever that was in her, in the case it was a bone, so i can only hope that it will come to help her instead of hurt her

I have her on clindamycin 2x a day from the vet that she has been on for a few weeks now, she has about half or less of the bottle left. She was on another antiobiotic and anti-inflammatory before when it was far less progressed, but it didn’t seem to do enough. She went from being unable to walk and using her wings to move to being able to keep up with the other ducks well with a limp as well as not seeming to be in end of life pain (still eating, socializing, moving around) so we decided against putting her down when the vet offered it as a possible option, which wasn’t the only way. She seems to be moving the same without whatever that was in her, in the case it was a bone, so i can only hope that it will come to help her instead of hurt her
Yes, i think that's the best approach right now.

Back
Top Bottom