BONEY LUMP ON 4 WEEK OLD CHICKS NECK!?

What is the chick being fed?

I'd like to see the legs better, the feet are still a normalish white/pink color right? Are the legs blue from the joint down? Did this chick have a leg band or anything wrapped around it's legs?

Has the chick fell or been dropped, gotten stuck in something?

Navel is closed, no leaking, vent is clean?

Crop emptying?

What does the underside of her wings look like?

Poop is somewhat mucousy, but hard to tell if it's from dehydration or possible Coccidiosis.

I'd be inclined to give the chick some sugar water for a couple of hours and offer wet soupy feed. See if she perks up at all. If she doesn't, then I'd begin treating with Corid for Coccidiosis.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

1688321719775.png

What is the chick being fed?

I'd like to see the legs better, the feet are still a normalish white/pink color right? Are the legs blue from the joint down? Did this chick have a leg band or anything wrapped around it's legs?

Has the chick fell or been dropped, gotten stuck in something?

Navel is closed, no leaking, vent is clean?

Crop emptying?

What does the underside of her wings look like?

Poop is somewhat mucousy, but hard to tell if it's from dehydration or possible Coccidiosis.

I'd be inclined to give the chick some sugar water for a couple of hours and offer wet soupy feed. See if she perks up at all. If she doesn't, then I'd begin treating with Corid for Coccidiosis.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

View attachment 3563477
Yes, feet are normal color. Just legs are blue. Nothing was wrapped around her legs nor was she dropped nor stuck. This started out of the blue last Wednesday. She is being treated with corid currently, since last Wednesday along with flock. She has only eaten a little bit of eggs yesterday. Crop is empty, everything looks normal except for the legs and the lump. As far as I know, chick is/was eating chick starter.

Back
Top Bottom