Bonsai trees!

Ginseng Ficus is, what I consider, the perfect tree for beginners and experts. The above ground roots make a very interesting display and the branches are easily shaped. This tree stores water and nutrients in its roots so if you forget to water it it will not die. Many of the bonsai I have are not so forgiving; forget to water them once and they are dead. Ginseng Ficus gives the owner ample warning that something is wrong before it is too late. They are often sold at Walmart and can be purchased off ebay.

Kimmi named this one Oatmeal.

Cool! If I find one I'll probably buy it.
Aw! I need some tiny chickens. I thought it'd be funny if I let my parakeets perch on a bonsai.

I'm using my phone because it's easier.

Serama chickens/bantams are a lot of fun. They are very trusting and tame quickly. I'm looking forward to them brooding and hatching some chicks; especially the 5 ounce hen that is a frizzle; at the same time I worry that she may not be big enough to lay eggs.

Serama chickens/bantams are a lot of fun. They are very trusting and tame quickly. I'm looking forward to them brooding and hatching some chicks; especially the 5 ounce hen that is a frizzle; at the same time I worry that she may not be big enough to lay eggs.

I've seen the chicks, they are tiny! I wouldn't ever own some chicks, I'd always worry, but I'm sure a hen can care for her chicks or else they wouldn't exist.

Cool! What happens if you leave it in too long?

As long as the wire is not wrapped tight you can leave it on. Often I do leave it on over the winter; depending on the specie. Fast growing species can have the wire taken off fairly soon. Slow growers need to stay wired longer. How's your oak tree? Any luck with the budgie picture?

As long as the wire is not wrapped tight you can leave it on. Often I do leave it on over the winter; depending on the specie. Fast growing species can have the wire taken off fairly soon. Slow growers need to stay wired longer. How's your oak tree? Any luck with the budgie picture?

The oak tree is still alive, but only has two leaves, one dead.
Oh yeah, it started posting pictures again!

They both look like they want out but really one is trying to get really close to the camera, and one wants to stay away from it.

Last edited:
Your parakeet are very pretty. Are you positive they are both male. The top picture is a male, but the bottom one I can not see its cere.

What do you think of this plant/bonsai. BLUE JUNIPER.

It has a very interesting twisted trunk, but in the picture it does not show up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom