Boobie trap that cupboard !!

Wildsky

Wild Egg!
12 Years
Oct 13, 2007
California
I need some idea's on how to boobie trap a cupboard and/or drawer to know if someone has opened it.

I'm not sure if I want just a secret boobie trap (where they wouldn't know they've been caught), or if I want an obvious one (like something messy falling on the floor when the cupboard is opened)

Gimme some idea's folks!
gig.gif

My husband will do this with a piece of clear tape in a place on the cupboard not likely to be seen. Applies it to the frame and the door applying more pressure on the frame and none on the door (just allows the tape to hang over the door) and if the door is opened, then when it gets closed, the tape will be under the door....and you know!!
wink.png

Last edited:
just put something like the alarms that you put a piece on oneside and the alarm on the other. When they break contact they send out a LOUD alarm.....LOL home depot has them!

Ah....SNAPPERS.

You have a firecracker. You duct tape or somehow tie one end of a pull-apart firecracker. You tie or duct tape the string at the other end of the firecracker to the cabinet door. When the person pulls it open....

BAM.

I always-if needed-stuck a small piece of paper in an exact location between the door and its Jam-put a tiny piece of paper in it-not only that-put a tiny mark on the door where the paper was put in so that if they know the paper trick or saw it fall out-theyll put it anywhere in the door frame but only you know specifically where it was
wink.png

One idea I have for you is this:

Take a piece of clear masking tape about 1 inch by 1 inch & place it over the edge of the cupboard and onto the frame of the cupboard if you know what I mean. This way so that whenever it is opened, the tape will be ripped. If the cupboard has two doors, make sure that you put tape on both of them! lol

gig.gif
Why didn't I think of the tape! ?

I was thinking of something like a cup of powder or paperclips or something balanced inside the door so when its opened = mess! or cup falling loud noise and mess.

I'm not hiding anything, if I was I would simply move that which I didn't want anyone to see, but I'm darn sure a visitor we will have over the weekend likes to lookie loo in my cupboards, and it annoys the heck out of me!
gig.gif

Now with two kids I have to make sure they don't open the cupboards and drawers either.... I'm mostly thinking in the bathroom, and there are a few cupboards in my kitchen where we keep our bills, paystubs etc... those will also have tape on them for SURE!

Dang nosy boogers need a life!

Back
Top Bottom