Boogety, Boogety, Boogety, Let's Burn the Racetrack, Boys!

Oh thats what was happening. Water an mud was half way up the seat so I climbed out the roof to stay dry. By the time I got up there he was on the hood. Really was not stuck that time though an the truck was till running. Something electronic got to wet an it would not pull out of its own tracks... Sounded like it was running out of gas. Truck was a little to new for that deep of water... Whole hood went under water all the way up to the wipers pulling down in there.... Should have taken video of the pug in the back seat looking at the water half way up his seat. That was funny.
Oh I bet the look on the pug's face was priceless! Poor doggie!
gig.gif

Oh, those holes are amateurs! How many mudholes have trapped a front loader?

Early one Sunday morning, we heard the sound of a powerful Diesel engine coming up the road in the woods. Curious as to who would be driving heavy equipment back there on a Sunday, Hubby put his boots on and wandered out. When he came back in a few minutes later, he filled me in. The man was the owner of a company that was doing some site clearing in the area. His son owned a 5-acre parcel maybe half a mile further back in the woods, and wanted to at least be able to drive back and check on it. This guy had "borrowed" a front loader from the work site, and was going to do his son a favor by making the road passable - someone had dumped several loads of sandy soil in it, and he knew it had some puddles.

"Did you warn him about the Big Mudhole?" I asked. "Oh, come on," Hubby said. "That thing is huge - the tires alone are, like, 5 foot in diameter - he'll have no problem." Seeing no point in arguing, I let it drop.

About 3 o'clock that afternoon, I was out in the rabbitry, and I got thinking about this guy and his loader. I had been out feeding the animals maybe 2 hours after we had first heard him, and it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't heard the engine at that time. He couldn't possibly have gotten all that done and left already, could he? Was it possible - ? "Nah," I told myself, "Hubby's right, not possible", and went back to what I was doing. But curiosity finally got the better of me, so I walked back to the road and looked. And like to died laughing.

When I sobered up enough to walk, I went to find Hubby. "You want to see something funny?" I asked, "What?" he said. "Go back to the road, and look to the right." "You're kidding!" He said. "Nope, you go look" I said. So he did, and yup, there it was. The loader was stuck fast, listing at about a 60 degree angle. When we walked back to it, our first impression was that one of the back tires was missing, but it wasn't. The tire was completely buried in the mud, with only a patch of tread the size of a stepping stone showing above the mud. The hood was half buried. As we walked around the huge machine, Hubby suddenly noticed something. "Do you suppose we ought to turn the lights off for him?" he said. "It would only be neighborly," I said, and scrambled my way up to the cab, where I found the right switched and turned them off.

The next morning, the guy was back, this time driving a semi with a bulldozer on a flatbed trailer. (I had to take the kids to school, so Hubby had to fill me in on this later.) Hubs said this time, he had an employee with him, a man who clearly knew his way around with the dozer. As he drove it up to the mired loader, the dozer operator pulled out his cell phone and evidently called the guys back at the work site. "Man, I wish I had a camera phone," Hubby heard him say. "You would not believe how stuck he's got this thing!"

Somehow, the dozer operator got past the mired loader, and set to work building a ramp of dirt to allow him to approach the loader from the front. Hubby said at one point, even the tracks on the dozer began slipping, and the dozer lurched toward the mud itself. The operator immediately stopped, then gingerly moved the machine backward until it once again stood on firm ground. He backed up and collected more dirt, and went back to ramp building. "Aren't you glad I turned the lights off for you?" Hubby asked the owner. "I LEFT THE LIGHTS ON?!! Don't tell him", he said quickly. "I'd never hear the end of that."

Eventually, the ramp was finished, and dozer blade could touch the bucket on the loader. They chained the two machines together, and the owner climbed into the cab of the loader. With the dozer pulling, the loader finally lumbered up out of the gooey muck. It is a very good thing we had turned off the lights, because there was no way the dozer would have gotten it free on its own.
Ok, Bunny....you tell us funny stories but don't provide pics???
he.gif
At least Reb has pics with his!!!
clap.gif
I wonder if they ever stopped teasing the dude for getting it stuck...
duc.gif

Sorry, 1d3, I have to paint pictures with words, because I never seem to think to grab the camera, or can't find any batteries when I do (the dratted thing drains batteries in a heartbeat if you leave them in it).
idunno.gif

I know that problem well... I forget my camera a lot!!
he.gif
And the one on my phone doesn't take pics worth a tinkers..well, you know.
duc.gif
You "paint" the scene very well!
clap.gif

pop.gif

edited cause I'm an idiot and can't spell!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote: The dash camera I have now, if I had one of those back in the day I would be a YouTube millionaire by now. I would love to have had video of making that Kenworth fly.... I really hope the statute of limitations is up on that by the way....
hide.gif

I did almost as good I totaled a retired cop car,,,, don't want to go into the details but I kept it upright, and didn't remember anything about the crash until months later.....

Back
Top Bottom