Awesome. Just did a search looking for fellow bookworms found this thread.
I was an avid reader back in the day. Now do to time constraints, I am an audible junkie. ha :D

My genres are, mystery, crime, forensics, supernatural, medical thrillers, courtroom dramas, historical fiction and the like. Love series, especially when I find a good one.

I recently stumbled upon a time travel series & I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm on the 4th book & dreading the end. Because there is no book 5 yet. Hate when that happens.
The author is Nick Jones read by Ray Porter.

I've learned it's all about the narration. A superb narrator can make a mediocre book amazing. And vice versa of course.

Some fave authors, Koonz, King, Anne Frasier, Karin Slaughter, Grisham, Greg Iles,
Mary Burton, Tess Gerritsen and a lot more that I can't remember at the moment. lol

Love many of Koontz's book but really loved his Jane Hawk series, & the watcher.
Greg Iles, enjoyed his Penn Cage series. Tess Gerritsen - Risoli & Ives series.
Karin Slaughter - Grant County series. You get the idea.
So many, I truly have an audible addiction. Looking forward to reading this thread in hopes of finding some new to me storytellers.

Karin Slaughter was really great until she started getting political, same with King.
I hate when good authors go there, such a turn off .... UGH

Awesome. Just did a search looking for fellow bookworms found this thread.
I was an avid reader back in the day. Now do to time constraints, I am an audible junkie. ha :D

My genres are, mystery, crime, forensics, supernatural, medical thrillers, courtroom dramas, historical fiction and the like. Love series, especially when I find a good one.

I recently stumbled upon a time travel series & I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm on the 4th book & dreading the end. Because there is no book 5 yet. Hate when that happens.
The author is Nick Jones read by Ray Porter.

I've learned it's all about the narration. A superb narrator can make a mediocre book amazing. And vice versa of course.

Some fave authors, Koonz, King, Anne Frasier, Karin Slaughter, Grisham, Greg Iles,
Mary Burton, Tess Gerritsen and a lot more that I can't remember at the moment. lol

Love many of Koontz's book but really loved his Jane Hawk series, & the watcher.
Greg Iles, enjoyed his Penn Cage series. Tess Gerritsen - Risoli & Ives series.
Karin Slaughter - Grant County series. You get the idea.
So many, I truly have an audible addiction. Looking forward to reading this thread in hopes of finding some new to me storytellers.

Karin Slaughter was really great until she started getting political, same with King.
I hate when good authors go there, such a turn off .... UGH

I have to agree with you on the political views in books. Whether I agree or not isn’t the point. I read to escape that, if I want politics I’ll turn on the TV.

We seem to have similar tastes, illy have to check out Karin Slaughter.

I have to agree with you on the political views in books. Whether I agree or not isn’t the point. I read to escape that, if I want politics I’ll turn on the TV.

We seem to have similar tastes, illy have to check out Karin Slaughter.
Yes, exactly. An escape indeed.

It's in her more recent work. Check out the Rizoli & Ives Series. I listened a while back & dont remember her political views woven in. I was reading reviews on her recent books & didn't buy them. I try to overlook it when it is a really good writer. But, I see it more & more these days. Especially in this political climate. It seems everything is getting political... OY

It's in her more recent work. Check out the Rizoli & Ives Series. I listened a while back & dont remember her political views woven in. I was reading reviews on her recent books & didn't buy them. I try to overlook it when it is a really good writer. But, I see it more & more these days. Especially in this political climate. It seems everything is getting political... OY
Yes, even the aspects of our private lives are being politicized. Pretty sad.

Have you tried John Saul? He had a few good stories back in the day.

No, I'm getting them confused, sorry.
Karin Slaughter is 'Grant County'.
https://www.karinslaughter.com/grant-county-series/

Tess Gerristsen is 'Rizzoli & Isles'.
https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/rizzoli-isles/

Back
Top Bottom