Book reccomendations needed please!

I'm in your boat, I read the first Harry Potter alone in preschool (I had thought kindergarten, but my mom recently corrected me).

May I recommend the Lord of The Rings and all Isabel Allende?
smile.png

I like www.paperbackswap.com. Sending a book gives you a "credit" and you can spend your credit on any of the almost 4 million books listed in the system - you're not limited to a swap partner. Shipper pays the postage, so you pay $2.38 to mail the book at media rates, but you don't pay anything for books to recieve.

"Julie of the Wolves" by Jean Craighead George. I learned a lot about how wolves communicate from this book, and I've found those tips very helpful in my work training dogs. Great story, too!

I love The Fox Busters. Possibly the greatest chicken novel ever written! Yes, it is sort of a kid's book but wow. When Dick King-Smith wants to, he can write a great book! Just try it.

I don't know about your library, but our libraries here do somehting similar and will ship books from whatever library they are at to the one nearest you if you request them. you could try asking a librarian about that.

I read a book recently called the princess and the hound, which I liked. I believe it has a sequel.

it is a fantasy book, but has a lot of animals in it.

Last edited:
"My Family and Other Animals" by Gerald Durrell (a British zoologist). It's fantastic, funny and informative. His other books are good as well, but that one is my favorite.

Right now I am in the midst of "Shadow Country" which is an amazing look at the Florida wilds during the turn of the century. It's written very well, but is quite dark.

Quote:
tried Paperbackswap. didn't like it. spent to much money buying credits to buy books I wanted, so I'll stick to swaptree, i mail mine from the p/O and last week the lady told me that many times first class was cheeper than media. i sent out books almost every day and usually get some almost every day. marrie

Back
Top Bottom