boots for chickens

Ch1ckChick

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2015
My chickens have so much fun outside they'll come out after it snowed and walk all around in it. I want to protect their feet from the snow. So how could I make boots? I already tried sandwich bags but that didn't work. What are some other things I could try?

My chickens have so much fun outside they'll come out after it snowed and walk all around in it. I want to protect their feet from the snow. So how could I make boots? I already tried sandwich bags but that didn't work. What are some other things I could try?

You could knit them some... or do the sandwich bags and then put elastic around the top to keep it on, maybe that would work better than what you tried.

Those seem too big but you can try it. The chickens probably would just like to play in the snow without big bags and then go inside when they are cold.

A vet recommend this stuff for my hens to help protect their feet from bumblefoot and other damage. It won't keep their feet warm but it will help help protect and prevent buildup from snow and ice :).

Oops, might help if I added a pic. Sorry :)

Back
Top Bottom