Borders Bookstore moves to close

Quote:
My daughter was just accepted into a nursing program in Texas, and they are all required to buy an Apple computer!!!!!

No wonder tution is getting to be very expensive!

Quote:
My daughter was just accepted into a nursing program in Texas, and they are all required to buy an Apple computer!!!!!

Not having a notebook computer of some type in college is just about impossible these days. Cell phones and computers are the new standard for social levels in schools now. Apples are a bit expensive though. I'm sure they need to have the same software. Plenty of Microsoft based computers that will do the job for a lot less though. I think tuition is so high because so many states have cut their education budgets to the bone over the last 10 years or so. Everything cost more than it used to.

My daughter's university specifically told her to get an Apple product because the operating system is less likely to become infected with a worm or virus from the university's network. Most modern Apple products run an OS that allows you to partition the hard drive so you can run Windows and Leopard/Snow Leopard (and soon Lion).

Quote:
reason being is why go through trouble of hacking 10% of the population when I can hack 90% of the population using PC. But PC with a good virus protection service will be hard to hack or get virus.

Back
Top Bottom