Borotto (Riversystems) incubator

Beemz

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2020
I just killed 6 chicks today trying to help them as they were two days over pipping and all my hatches this year have been shrink wrapped- so I panicked and thought I should help. Well they weren’t ready at all and as a result they have all died.
I’m using a brand new Borotto which on all accounts is supposed to be a good incubator, very new to the States- I’m in the UK. It seems it’s been running 2.5° cooler so that’s why the chicks were underdeveloped for their age.
Does anyone else have one and if so did they have this problem?

Attachments

• 563FF46F-33B7-40B6-BAF5-D582E9550731.jpeg
    563FF46F-33B7-40B6-BAF5-D582E9550731.jpeg
    269.2 KB · Views: 46
I just killed 6 chicks today trying to help them as they were two days over pipping and all my hatches this year have been shrink wrapped- so I panicked and thought I should help. Well they weren’t ready at all and as a result they have all died.
I’m using a brand new Borotto which on all accounts is supposed to be a good incubator, very new to the States- I’m in the UK. It seems it’s been running 2.5° cooler so that’s why the chicks were underdeveloped for their age.
Does anyone else have one and if so did they have this problem?
I don't have one, but have been waiting for them to come to the States as I've heard they're good. Are you using a calibrated "second opinion" backup thermometer? Maybe also contact Borotto to know if they can help you calibrate and adjust the internal thermometer as some makers have the option. Or at least they can give you some support hopefully.

So sorry you lost your chicks.

Why did you continue on cracking open the rest of the eggs when you realized the first one wasn't ready yet?

I don't have one, but have been waiting for them to come to the States as I've heard they're good. Are you using a calibrated "second opinion" backup thermometer? Maybe also contact Borotto to know if they can help you calibrate and adjust the internal thermometer as some makers have the option. Or at least they can give you some support hopefully.

So sorry you lost your chicks.
So, I put in a glass thermometer which came with my MS Broedmachines- this thermometer matches 3 other glass thermometers.
Anyway, I put it in the Borotto and the temperature is spot on.
It’s not the fault of the Borotto it’s because I was a meddler 😥

So, I put in a glass thermometer which came with my MS Broedmachines- this thermometer matches 3 other glass thermometers.

In some way, that is good news. At least you know the temperatures are good. There is something I learn from every hatch.

Very true 😘

Back
Top Bottom