Boston poultry expo show in N Oxford Ma Nov 7

Quote:
I cancled that one, its athanksgiveing weekend and cold,
We will coem up with a date for spring time, maybe march start back up, gives everyone time to hatch hehehe more babys.
big_smile.png
hide.gif

yep Celtic Hill is a young dude,
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Congrats on your wins. I want to try this showing thing....I am hoping to maybe get to the bantam show. I saw you but you were so concentrated on what you were doing each time, I did not want to break your train of thought! You were so focused on getting your birds in the show! LOL

HAH - yeah... I do that sometimes.
big_smile.png
I saw you too and almost came over to say hi once or twice, but then one of us would get distracted... next time!

This was my first show and it's REALLY easy.
1. Go to the NEBC website and click on "Entry Form" at the top. This will download the pdf entry form.
2. Fill it out with the appropriate info (bantam/LF, breed, color, and how many of what sex/age - you may need to just guess about who'll be ready in 2 wks...
hu.gif
I don't think you can add more when you get there unless there's an empty spot, but you can always choose NOT to bring a bird)
3. add up your bill ($3 per bird, plus however many sale coops if you want sale spots, and membership dues - the BYC thread about it may say whether you need to be a member to show but I don't know yet - anyone here know?),
4. then mail the form, a check, and a photocopy of your NPIP certificate or other proof of testing to the address on the form and you're all set!

I'm not sure yet if I'll be going, but I'm leaning towards it...
smile.png

Oh, and I WANT that lemon cuckoo cochin. Wow I love that color. I think I'm going to focus on getting some of these really interesting varieties of cochin and d'Uccle next year.
big_smile.png

Pics coming soon!

Last edited:
As much as I LOVE the look of muffed birds (can you guess by my user name?
wink.png
) I can never seem to keep them looking good. They get their beards wet and food-covered and then the others pick them apart. Heavens to Betsy, my midget white turkeys were TERRIBLE for picking feathers from my muffed and crested chickens! So I keep coming back to cochins. I love how soft and fluffy they are, and their personalities cannot be beat! I think they are going to be my focus. Soooo hard to keep a focus though when there are so many unique and beautiful breeds and colors out there. But then I don't have to tell you guys that...
lol.png

Quote:
Muffi! Thats it!! You could stick with cochins and see how many colors you can develope! I love those giant cochins, but dont have the room in the coop for them. I also fell in love with a huge black roo, clean legs and the most reddest comb and wattles. They looked like velvet!

Quote:
Congrats on your wins. I want to try this showing thing....I am hoping to maybe get to the bantam show. I saw you but you were so concentrated on what you were doing each time, I did not want to break your train of thought! You were so focused on getting your birds in the show! LOL

HAH - yeah... I do that sometimes.
big_smile.png
I saw you too and almost came over to say hi once or twice, but then one of us would get distracted... next time!

This was my first show and it's REALLY easy.
1. Go to the NEBC website and click on "Entry Form" at the top. This will download the pdf entry form.
2. Fill it out with the appropriate info (bantam/LF, breed, color, and how many of what sex/age - you may need to just guess about who'll be ready in 2 wks...
hu.gif
I don't think you can add more when you get there unless there's an empty spot, but you can always choose NOT to bring a bird)
3. add up your bill ($3 per bird, plus however many sale coops if you want sale spots, and membership dues - the BYC thread about it may say whether you need to be a member to show but I don't know yet - anyone here know?),
4. then mail the form, a check, and a photocopy of your NPIP certificate or other proof of testing to the address on the form and you're all set!

I'm not sure yet if I'll be going, but I'm leaning towards it...
smile.png

Oh, and I WANT that lemon cuckoo cochin. Wow I love that color. I think I'm going to focus on getting some of these really interesting varieties of cochin and d'Uccle next year.
big_smile.png

Pics coming soon!

I used to show dogs and traveled all over the east coast doing so, and I dont know why I think it is harder to show a chicken!! What you wrote helps me for a starting point, so I guess i will find out and have to bite the bullet! LOL

Pics!
29868_img_2680.jpg

Julie and Bob - the super wonderful couple who took home Henry and Celeste

29868_img_2682.jpg

My sale table. For anyone interested, our website is www.khyamara.com, and I am also Gypsylion on Etsy.

29868_img_2683.jpg

Horsies!

29868_img_2698.jpg

29868_img_2699.jpg

The resident flock

29868_img_2685.jpg

Apollo, showing his 3rd place tag.
smile.png
(btw, I wrote the "for sale" note AFTER judging was over for the ducks)

29868_img_2688.jpg

Little Blue, pre-judging

29868_img_2690.jpg

29868_img_2700.jpg

Tribble, pre- and post-judging. YAY!

29868_img_2701.jpg

Wembley, post-judging. YAY again!

29868_img_2693.jpg

Shay's showgirl, with that gorgeous cuckoo cochin behind him

29868_img_2697.jpg

This pic is my favorite.
wink.png