Boston poultry expo show in N Oxford Ma Nov 7

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but November 7th is also the day we go back to standard time. Don't forget to put your clocks back one hour!

Alrighty, I had the State out here and they did Blood tests and an oral swabs on several of my birds and they banded them also. My question is, is it normal for them not to test my 1 month old chicks and to tell me that no one should ask for pprwk for them knowing they can not test them till they are all feathered out? Just curious since I have no clue with this testing stuff.

Thanks,
B

Last edited:
Beth G. :

Alrighty, I had the State out here and they did Blood tests and an oral swabs on several of my birds and they banded them also. My question is, is it normal for them not to test my 1 month old chicks and to tell me that no one should ask for pprwk for them knowing they can not test them till they are all feathered out? Just curious since I have no clue with this testing stuff.

Thanks,
B

Yes, they will not test under 4 months old, and you have any that you your sure are at least 4 months old, DO NOT TEST IT.
Any bird under 4 months of age can and most likely give a FALSE POSITIVE on teh testing.​

Quote:
Yes, they will not test under 4 months old, and you have any that you your sure are at least 4 months old, DO NOT TEST IT.
Any bird under 4 months of age can and most likely give a FALSE POSITIVE on teh testing.

Hi Shay,
So will I be able to bring the babies under 4 months old? Also, I had them test a couple of my 3 month old birds today for breeding purposes do you think I should worry??? Oh boy I feel a freak out comin!!! eeeeckkkk
Tx,
B

Back
Top Bottom