Bottlejaw in goats need info

Oh wow, that was so fast. I am SO sorry!

Please get fecals done on the rest of your goats and consider getting everyone tested for Johnnes. A friend (Goattalker) has mentioned that you will want to treat your whole herd for roundworms as well as liver flukes, possibly, if bottle jaw was in fact an issue.

Thank you all so much for the support. I never knew about Johne's until Alice became sick. It is a devastating disease, and a fast disease. Also, I am sure she was weak from having her babes. I just went out to check on them. I feel so sorry for them. I makes me want to go sleep in the stall with them tonight and give them warmth. I know some people may think they are just animals, but they aren't just animals to me. Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Yes, she also had bottle jaw. Everyone is going to get treated and shots next week. My poor vet has been out here several times this week. They are such great people. Makes me want to be a vet, but it is alot of schooling, and I would be a blubbering fool when I would have to put someones animal down. We were suppose to give her a week to see how she did, but when I got home that is when we found her down. So we just decided to do it today. One of the hardest things I had to do.

I'm very sorry to hear about your losses. It is a terrible day to be sure.

The most common worm that you see with Bottle Jaw is the round worm, next comes liver fluke (according to Goat Medicine). Just thought maybe I better post this information in case someone else has a problem with Bottle Jaw.

Back
Top Bottom