Bought a Cheap Incubator

When are you 'due' for hatch? Shouldn't be long now right? -- maybe another 6 days?

I'm now seeing 2 more of my eggs pipping..
This Friday/Saturday should be hatching day :D. I'm too paranoid to candle the eggs. I don't want to mess up the temp and humidity, LOL!

Wooooooot@ two more eggs pipping :D. You must post pix when you can !!

This Friday/Saturday should be hatching day :D. I'm too paranoid to candle the eggs. I don't want to mess up the temp and humidity, LOL!

Wooooooot@ two more eggs pipping :D. You must post pix when you can !!
with that incubator you need to add water every 2 days at the least otherwise the humidity drops .. to do that you gotta take the lid off unfortunately. Probably a good idea re candling. I did it WAY too much when I did my first incubation!

Here is chick #1 ... looks like it's watching a tv show sitting up on it's blankie..

CRACKER-baby and Sweetpea.JPG

with that incubator you need to add water every 2 days at the least otherwise the humidity drops .. to do that you gotta take the lid off unfortunately. Probably a good idea re candling. I did it WAY too much when I did my first incubation!

Here is chick #1 ... looks like it's watching a tv show sitting up on it's blankie..

View attachment 2995037
Yes... been adding water every so often :) Worried about humidity. It is soooo dry in my apartment!

OMG... cute chick! LOL!!

Yes... been adding water every so often :) Worried about humidity. It is soooo dry in my apartment!

OMG... cute chick! LOL!!
During lockdown I added some wet paper towel along the edge of the incubator (not touching the eggs tho) in order to increase humidity.
What will you do if you get 12 hatchees ??

During lockdown I added some wet paper towel along the edge of the incubator (not touching the eggs tho) in order to increase humidity.
What will you do if you get 12 hatchees ??
Smart move re: adding paper towel! I may do that, too.

I only have 7 eggs incubating :) If I have all 7 hatch, I'll be stunned! Most likely keep all the hens. Might sell off my roos as pets... or I might keep them, too. Depends on how many hatch out :)

Back
Top Bottom