Bought a horse!!

That's wonderful, she appears to be an awesome pony!
big_smile.png

Some of you may remember my thread about a pony we were looking at buying....
Well, we had a vet out today and she gave her a clean bill of health and soundness.... So she came home.

Everyone, meet Taffy, our Percheron cross mare!!

My sister... She looks rather nervous... I think she is...

The cow's reaction...

The steer's reaction (he's gotta live with her... )

My brother's reaction...

Taffy's reaction...

She's a real sweetheart. As soon as she got in the pasture area, she started eating the old brown grass. Every once in a while she'll go around the fenceline, checking her boundaries, and sometimes she'll stop and neigh. I think she's probably trying to call her stablemates, even though she was low man on the totem pole and got pushed around a lot. But she's happy. She's enjoying all the hay Hamilton (the steer) has left and won't touch, and while I was up in the barn there (we have 2) she came in out of the rain and we stood in the doorway together, just chillin' (literally... lol), and then I walked down the hill and she followed me, and then she followed me back up. This is our first time with a horse, so we are completely thrilled. We're going to use her for pulling/driving, possibly riding in the future.
She's beautiful! I want a horse!

Very pretty girl. She has kind features to her face. Enjoy her.
And the steer is very cute. We raise angus and I love to bottle feed the babies. :)

Got a few more pictures this afternoon...It's cold, windy and snowy today, for the first time this year, and Taffy's wet and dirty. We've brushed her several times today and she's really getting to love us. She is so much like Kate, one of the Percherons we are working with...

Taffy is an adorable pony-girl --- such fun you are going to have together ---

kind and gentle eyes --

I'm sure the sellers are happy that she went to such a good home ---

Enjoy!

Use to ride a Percheron, a bit bigger then your's at 18HH. He was a dopey thing, but sweet as could be. Always have been a fan of draft horses. She is really cute, and has a kind look to her. You guys seem to have made a solid purchase.

Back
Top Bottom