Bought As A Dominique But Now Idk

Robind15

Chirping
Jul 20, 2021
Central Florida
Hi! I have this 4 to 5 month old Dominique pullet. She is happy she is healthy. I found a young Dominique picture online and mine obviously doesn’t look like that. I am now second-guessing myself and her breed. Is she being malnourished that’s why her feathers aren’t growing? Are they just a slow growing breed? Is she not the breed that was labeled at my local tractor supply.

any information is helpful!

Attachments

• B07F1FCF-884E-41A5-889A-7F78788FA7C6.jpeg
    B07F1FCF-884E-41A5-889A-7F78788FA7C6.jpeg
    708.4 KB · Views: 22

nuthatched

Fishin' for Chickens
Nov 9, 2019
God's Country, Az
I'm not sure what she is, she's very pretty though! A black sexlink of some sort?
TSC gets their chicks from Hoovers, Hoovers is a hatchery known for mixed up paperwork on chicks so whatever paperwork they send on the chicks, that's what tsc has to go by.

primatologica

Chirping
Apr 14, 2021
Unfortunately that's definitely not a Dominique--she should have obvious barring, and she has the wrong kind of comb. Whatever she is is pretty, though!

sybonbon

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 9, 2016
Very pretty. Looks like a combo chicken. Face looks like my Sapphire Gem but white around the neck reminds me of my wyandotte. Definitely not a Dominique.

NatJ

Crossing the Road
5 Years
Mar 20, 2017
USA
Is she not the breed that was labeled at my local tractor supply.

She is not a Dominique. We see plenty of posts about Tractor Supply selling wrongly-labeled chicks, so I think that's what happened here too.

She looks like a Black Sexlink, except that she's Blue. So I'm guessing Blue Sexlink.

If so, she'll probably be about like a Dominique in size and ability to lay brown eggs, but obviously she has a different color and a different kind of comb.

Is she being malnourished that’s why her feathers aren’t growing?

I'm not sure what you mean here. She looks like she's got a good set of feathers :confused:

Top Bottom